Hub & Spoke Remote Cities/Towns and Country Regional Area Memberships for StartSoc
The Start Society is here to help entrepreneurs, particularly tech startup entrepreneurs regardless of location. We are providing a hub for remote towns and cities to get hyper-connected in the national and global tech startup ecosystem.
We have a range of light membership pricing plans that enable regional startups and their ecosystem enablers (e.g. educators, angel investors, advocates) to have infrequent face to face visits to our main coworking spaces.
StartSoc provides a range of benefits of joining including standard features like office, desk, internet and professional community connections when you are in (say) Sydney from your home town followed up with online forums and chat and other resources when you are not in the city.
For example Andrew from Newcastle, Simone from Wagga, Ross from San Francisco, Liam from Bega, Ric from Byron, Rex from Bali, Oliver from Melbourne and lots more tech startup entrepreneurs and innovators use iCentralCo as their base when they ‘are in the big smoke’ and then continue the discussion online when they return home.
- Andrew reached out from Newcastle NSW and we ended up running an activation weekend program in Newcastle across 25 industry groups to help create a cohesive recognition of the tech startup ecosystem locally in Maitland, Newcastle and the Hunter Valley region. It was highly effective and was called #newstartups on social media and achieved mainstream local media recognition that had not previously been done.
- Liam reached out in 2014 from Bega NSW on the South Coast (mid way between Sydney and Melbourne about 6 hours drive from Sydney) and we helped with industry introductions, insight, support, speaking at a Startup Weekend run at the local surf club in Merimbula and also sharing strategies/playbooks for engaging local government, education resources and branding. Bega Innovation week 2016 had over 300 participants including regional representatives from Cooma, Canberra, Melbourne and Sydney.
- Ric from Byron is a serial inventor with expertise in a range of areas including patents so we helped him find people to mentor that share common interests and we are connecting local tech startup entrepreneurs in the area through him.
- Simone from Wagga Wagga NSW reached out and we provided connections and the opportunity to speak at StartSoc Wed entrepreneur WELOT lunch and to get connected with others nearby. We would also like to explore her coworking space in Wagga becoming an iC affiliate.
- Di from Wagga also reached out to share the Bush Angels service which helps match entrepreneurs and investors and also has linked to RGCT grant services to help entrepreneurs solve the problem of which grants to apply for and how to apply for them.
- Craig from Tamworth Regional Council reached out and we helped brainstorm ways to activate his unique local region including design feedback on a co-working space.
You might also like to ask us about Ben from Wyong, Linden from Hobart, Benjamin from Bangkok, Carlos from Wellington, Michael from the Gold Coast and lots more.