In addition to the terms and conditions on this site http://thestartsociety.com across all pages these are the terms and conditions of membership of The Start Society and use of our coworking space/s commonly referred to as iCentral or iCentral.Co
We will not disclosure private details with the exception of email and name and sometimes phone number and company name if it relates to a specific event or service you have expressed interest in attending or using and then only to a specific partner or partners related to providing that event or service.
The Start Society aims to be a safe place for all. Members are considered equal. We exist to facilitate members supporting each other. We will not tolerate negative or abusive behaviour or discrimination on the grounds of race or gender or politics or sexual orientation. These are grounds for immediate termination of membership.
No use of pens or markers especially permanent markets except for white board markers on whiteboards and glass windows.
Please be professional about making minimal noise in a shared space. Move to a room or a sound reducing meeting space for conversations and calls. Leave your phone on silent/vibrate please. Disruptions are easy to cause and the cost is often many times higher than it appears especially for high concentration tasks like software development. There are additional noise zones and terms here.
Lunch and other meals are encouraged especially sharing so we talk and learn more from each other. However please clean up after yourself. This is not a luxury space, we have minor cleaning services, the rest we have to do ourselves, that is why the price is so good. If you can’t wash up or clean up or keep smells under control you will have you membership terminated. Simple really.
- Members are expected to pay it forward eg help your fellow community members with product feedback or a useful contact over free coffee/tea or byo/paid lunch at a nearby cafe, restaurant or food hall.
- We reserve the right to terminate your membership at any time, e.g. for inappropriate behaviour by your or your team members. Our team has the final say in this decision. Normal pro-rata refunds will apply only if we arbitrarily decide to terminate. No refunds apply if you have breached these terms or there are likely to be addition costs borne by us or other members associated with your termination e.g. you have damaged equipment.
- You may terminate your membership at any time, prepayments are not refunded. We request 4 weeks notice in order to make sure other members of the community can maximise the opportunity for new members to join.
- Terminations are effective immediately.
- Price increases after 12 months are capped for normal (non-discounted) members at no more than 10% per annum unless members or senior management vote otherwise.
- Prices are in USD unless otherwise stated
- Fees apply if you do not use our preferred electronic payment method/s or pay late or incorrectly. Fees may also apply if your use of the space is excessive or inconsiderate e.g. not maintaining a tidy/clean desk/locker/events etc
- Prices are all subject to additional annual adjustment for raw inflation and raw members cost e.g. inflation ranges at 6-8% in Myanmar in recent years.
- Normal prepayment limit is 6 months, pre payments of up to 12 months will be accepted subject to discount discussion and negotiation.
10. More membership and billing terms here
11. More information on payments here