On-boarding Process for New Members of The Start Society
Welcome to StartSoc, this page will take you through the joining process.
- Book a tour online to come in and see the space, facilities and initial community introductions. You may also be asked some questions about your business and team by the curator to make sure our community is right for you and given mentor feedback.
- Choose your membership pricing plan there are plenty of flexible options. Time: 2-3 mins
- Complete ONE business application form. This form covers one business and the minimal info on one primary contact. Time: 2-3 mins.
- Complete ONE OR MORE individual registration form. Fill this out for each person in your team (now and when new people start). Time: 3-5 mins.
- Pay your membership fees. Email reply with your bank payment receipt or just wait for bank funds to clear.
- Please contact us to confirm start date and collect your access security. You can start anytime once you have pre-paid.
Everything above is essential and MUST be completed before you can confirm your membership. No exceptions.
Everything below here on is optional but is highly recommended because it will really help you get more from your membership.
- Follow us on social media to stay connected. This is important to stay in touch with normal and lower priority news (we avoid spam).
- Send us your logo/brand to service at TheStartSociety.com and link to website or Facebook. Make sure the image file is in a square format so we can maximise visibility when we print or email. Time: 2 mins
- Browse the discussion forums. If you don’t have access yet then ask. Make sure the discussion forum email is not going to your spam folder (this is important).
- Join the instant chat group on slack, if you don’t have access yet ask. Make sure to join hashtag topics of interest it is one of our main forms of rapid short form communication. There are also huge Facebook / Meetup micro communities.
- Diarise to attend a few events to learn and connect to fellow members. We encourage people to connect face to face and then continue the conversation online.
- Browse the new member deals to find thousands of dollars in discounts, skills, tools and other resources. Start with $10,000 free credits from AWS for cloud hosting! Please note these vary by country.
- Learn about co-working zones so you know best place to collaborate, meet and solo work to maximise productivity for yourself and other members.
- Read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) to cover off any other points,
- Help us help you by giving us a good review on any of the major channels you use like Google maps, Facebook etc
- Come on in and start building your startup. Within hours you will be peer learning, starting to get hyper connected and contributing to developing the best entrepreneur community around!
So finally… Welcome aboard the good ship StartSoc!
We really are delighted you are joining one of the great tech startup ecosystems in the whole world. It really can be like a family, maybe even better, if you make the effort.
Now lets make it even better!