Welcome to StartSoc
On-boarding Process for New Members
Welcome to StartSoc, this page will take you through the joining process from start to finish. Not just getting started but also maximising the value of your membership as a team and for each individual.
It is all easy and online except for the irreplaceable face to face parts which happen later.
Just follow these steps –
- Select a membership pricing plan there are plenty of flexible options starting from $99pa for an emembership and even first year free if you are a uni students bootstrapping (and living on instant noodles) or are a hardship case and want to defer payment for a yearly even get your first years free.
- Complete the business application form. This form covers one business and the minimal info on one primary contact. Someone from our team will contact you for a follow up quick phone interview (and a tour of your nearest StartSoc space if you are co working). Note most of our members rarely use our physical space/s they just come for the events, community online, mentoring and vendor discounts. Time: 2-3 mins.
- For every team member in your business complete the individual registration form. Fill this out for each person in your team (now and when new people start) as soon as possible. We can issue your security pass after this is completed. Each person becomes a member once we have checked you out. Time: 3-5 mins.
- Pay your membership fees. Email reply with your bank payment receipt or just wait for bank funds to clear. If you are coworking also contact us to collect your access card key and be issued with a storage unit for under desk individual use and/or optional larger shared storage cabinet for your team.
- Follow us on social media to stay connected
- Browse the discussion forums on google groups. If you don’t have access yet then request it and make sure the discussion forum email is not going to your spam folder, it is one of our main forms of detailed proactive communication.
- Join the instant chat group on slack. If you don’t have access yet then request it and make sure to join hashtag topics of interest it is one of our main forms of rapid short form communication.
- Diarise to attend a few events to learn and connect to fellow members. We encourage people to connect face to face and then continue the conversation online.
- Browse the new member deals to find thousands of dollars in discounts, skills, tools and other resources. Start with $5,000 free credits from AWS for cloud hosting!
- Learn about coworking zones so you know best place to collaborate, meet and solo work to maximise productivity for yourself and other members.
- Read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) to cover off any other points.
- Help us help you by giving us a good review on any of the major channels you use like Google maps, Facebook etc
Within days you will be peer learning, starting to get hyper connected and contributing to developing the best entrepreneur community around!
So finally… Welcome onboard!
We really are delighted you are joining one of the great tech startup ecosystems in the whole world. It really can be like a family, maybe even better, if you make the effort. Now lets make it even better! We would also really appreciate it if you would share our social pages with your friends, or if you have any feedback. So share/contact now!